Books

Books
Books

Monday, May 24, 2010

Term 2 Week 10 Home Learning

a) My favourite poem is :

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.

How are the figurative language used in the poem?

The hyperboles : and,and,and,and
The personifications : dark streets bend and wind
The similes : none
The symbolism : none
The Metaphor : none

I like this poem because it rhymes very well and it has a lot of meaning to me. It makes me feel sad and lonely, like when you watch a depressing movie. This author writes it such that it makes me visualize what is happening, which makes me carry on reading. He writes it in a way that makes people want to read finish the whole thing, although he does not add suspense, his poem is still very interesting and I want to read on and find out what is written in the whole poem.

c) A poem about my primary school life

Primary school is great,
Primary school is cool.

Which keeps me thinking,
Even in the pool!

Although it's been long time no see,
I still remember it as clear as sea.

I still remember the bees,
and the mixed veg rice's peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment